Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
Published : 22 Jan 2018, 14:44
A teenage girl was found dead in a building near Akbar Shah Police Station in the city on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Meem, 12, daughter of Md Jamal and Rabeya Begum, residents of Foy’s Lake area and hailing from Bhola district.
Delwar Hossian, Assistant Sub Inspector ofAkbar Shah Police Station, said on information, police recovered the body of Meem from the belcony of the first floor of Ayesha Mamtaj Mahal, one kilometre away from her residence, around 9:30pm.
Investigation is on to find out whether it was murder, the police official added.
Locals said there were several injury marks on Meem’s face, neck and other body parts.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be