Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
Published : 22 Jan 2018, 14:44
A teenage girl was found dead in a building near Akbar Shah Police Station in the city on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Meem, 12, daughter of Md Jamal and Rabeya Begum, residents of Foy’s Lake area and hailing from Bhola district.
Delwar Hossian, Assistant Sub Inspector ofAkbar Shah Police Station, said on information, police recovered the body of Meem from the belcony of the first floor of Ayesha Mamtaj Mahal, one kilometre away from her residence, around 9:30pm.
Investigation is on to find out whether it was murder, the police official added.
Locals said there were several injury marks on Meem’s face, neck and other body parts.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0