PM reaches Lebukhali to open Sheikh Hasina Cantonment
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 12:30
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reached Patuakhali this morning on a daylong visit to Patuakhali and Barisal districts to open 'Sheikh Hasina Cantonment' and 54 development projects.
She will also lay the foundation stones of 34 uplift schemes and address a public rally during her visit to the two southern districts of the country.
The premier reached Lebukhali under Dumki upazila in the coastal district of Patuakhali by an Air Force helicopter at 11:15 am.
Firstly, she is scheduled to inaugurate 'Sheikh Hasina Cantonment' and join the national standard-raising function of its 11 units on the bank of Payra river at Lebukhali.
Sheikh Hasina will also open 13 development schemes and lay the foundation stone of another project of Patuakhali district by unveiling their plaques from the same venue.
From Lebukhali, the prime minister will go to Barisal and inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 74 development projects by unveiling their plaques from Bangabandhu Udyan in the divisional city.
Before flying back to Dhaka, Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League president, will address a public rally to be organized by her party at Bangabandhu Udyan in Barisal city in the afternoon as part of her campaign for national polls that started in Sylhet on January 30.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India