Youth jailed for sexually harassing Rajshahi SSC examinee
Published : 24 Feb 2018, 15:59
A mobile court today jailed a youth to 40 days’ imprisonment for sexually harassing a female SSC examinee at an exam hall in Rajshahi’s Durgapur upazila.
The convicted, Afzal Sharif, 18, a college student of Bhabanipur village of the upazila, was taken into police custody after the verdict, said Durgapur Upazila Nirbahi Officer Samar Kumar Paul who led the mobile court.
Afzal along with his two friends illegally entered Bokhtiarpur High School centre around 9.30am, half an hour before the examinations began, and attempted to sexually harass the girl, said the UNO.
The stalkers were locked into an altercation with the other girls at the exam centre as they tried to protest inside the exam centre.
At one stage, duty teachers managed to catch only Afzal and produced him before the mobile court which later handed down the verdict, said Mahbubur Rahman, the UNO’s representative at the examination centre.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit