Youth jailed for sexually harassing Rajshahi SSC examinee
Published : 24 Feb 2018, 15:59
A mobile court today jailed a youth to 40 days’ imprisonment for sexually harassing a female SSC examinee at an exam hall in Rajshahi’s Durgapur upazila.
The convicted, Afzal Sharif, 18, a college student of Bhabanipur village of the upazila, was taken into police custody after the verdict, said Durgapur Upazila Nirbahi Officer Samar Kumar Paul who led the mobile court.
Afzal along with his two friends illegally entered Bokhtiarpur High School centre around 9.30am, half an hour before the examinations began, and attempted to sexually harass the girl, said the UNO.
The stalkers were locked into an altercation with the other girls at the exam centre as they tried to protest inside the exam centre.
At one stage, duty teachers managed to catch only Afzal and produced him before the mobile court which later handed down the verdict, said Mahbubur Rahman, the UNO’s representative at the examination centre.
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation