Women prove competency in challenging works: Chumki
Published : 09 Mar 2018, 18:24
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki today said women have proved their efficiency in different challenging tasks.
"The government is sincerely working to ensure the security and rights of women...and they (women) have also proved their skills and efficiency in various challenging works," she said.
The State Minister was addressing at a seminar organised by the Daily Bhorer Kagoj at Jatiya Press Club in the capital on the occasion of the International Women's Day.
Chaired by Daily Bhorer Kagoj editor Shyamal Datta, the seminar was addressed, among others, by poet Kazi Rosy, MP, Nilufar Chowdhury Moni, MP, former lawmaker and Jobo Mohila League general secretary Opu Ukil and Pip Trust executive director Aroma Dutta.
A total of six women were honoured at the seminar for their outstanding contribution to the society. They were Furkan Begum (Liberation War), Chemon Ara (Language Movement), Luna Shamsuddoha (economics), Prof Dr Sayeba Akhter (healthcare), Zobera Rahman Linu (sports) and assistant superintendant of police Shaheda Sultana (bravery).
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka