Mother, son killed in Chittagong fire
Published : 10 Mar 2018, 15:45
A woman and her son were burnt to death as fire broke out in their house at Morfola village in Satkania upazila on Friday night.
The deceased were identified as Monju Shil, wife of Nantu Shil of the village, and their son Amit Shil.
Witnesses said the fire originated from a stove when Monju Shil was cooking food in the kitchen around 11.30 pm and soon spread to the entire house, leaving Monju seriously injured.
Her son Amit and and daughter Purnima also sustained burn injuries while trying to save their mother.
All the three were admitted to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where Monju died on Friday night and her son early Saturday. Purnima Shil is undergoing treatment there, said Officer-in-charge of Satkania Police Station Rafiqul Islam.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self