Mother, son killed in Chittagong fire
Published : 10 Mar 2018, 15:45
A woman and her son were burnt to death as fire broke out in their house at Morfola village in Satkania upazila on Friday night.
The deceased were identified as Monju Shil, wife of Nantu Shil of the village, and their son Amit Shil.
Witnesses said the fire originated from a stove when Monju Shil was cooking food in the kitchen around 11.30 pm and soon spread to the entire house, leaving Monju seriously injured.
Her son Amit and and daughter Purnima also sustained burn injuries while trying to save their mother.
All the three were admitted to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where Monju died on Friday night and her son early Saturday. Purnima Shil is undergoing treatment there, said Officer-in-charge of Satkania Police Station Rafiqul Islam.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims