US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 15:31
A US-Bangla airlines aircraft has crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu today.
According to TIA spokesperson Prem Nath Thakur, the aircraft careened off the runway during landing and crashed onto a football ground near TIA. The aircraft with call sign S2-AGU took off from Dhaka and landed at TIA at 2:20 pm.
The aircraft caught fire following the crash. Rescue team of TIA and Nepal Army personnel have been engaged in rescue operation.
The TIA authority has suspected casualties. But the details are sketchy.
Source: The Kathmandu Post/ Asia News network
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka