US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 15:31
A US-Bangla airlines aircraft has crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu today.
According to TIA spokesperson Prem Nath Thakur, the aircraft careened off the runway during landing and crashed onto a football ground near TIA. The aircraft with call sign S2-AGU took off from Dhaka and landed at TIA at 2:20 pm.
The aircraft caught fire following the crash. Rescue team of TIA and Nepal Army personnel have been engaged in rescue operation.
The TIA authority has suspected casualties. But the details are sketchy.
Source: The Kathmandu Post/ Asia News network
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors