By-polls to Brahmanbaria-1, Gaibandha-1 13 March
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 01:23
The by-election to two constituencies - Brahmanbaria-1 (Nasirnagar) and Gaibandha-1 (Sundarganj) - will be held from 8am to 4pm tomorrow 13 March.
Brahmanbaria-1 seat fell vacant due to death of its lawmaker veteran Awami League leader and Fisheries and Livestock Minister Sayedul Hoque.
Three candidates - Awami League nominated candidate Farhad Hossain Sangram, Jatiya Party (Manju) contender Rezwan Ahmed and Islami Oikya Jote contestant Abul Qasem are vying for becoming parliament member from the constituency. A total of 2,14,009 people are eligible to cast their votes.
Gaibandha-1 constituency fell vacant as its lawmaker Awami League leader Golam Mostafa Ahmed passed away on December 19 last.
Four candidates - AL nominated candidate Afruja Bari, sister of lawmaker Manjurul Islam Liton, Jatiya Party (Ershad) contestant Barrister Shamim Haider Patwary, National People's Party (NPP) contender Zia Jaman and Gono Front candidate Md Shariful Islam - are contesting in the polls.
As many as 3,38,000 people are eligible voters to cast their votes at 109 centres.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims