By-polls to Brahmanbaria-1, Gaibandha-1 13 March
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 01:23
The by-election to two constituencies - Brahmanbaria-1 (Nasirnagar) and Gaibandha-1 (Sundarganj) - will be held from 8am to 4pm tomorrow 13 March.
Brahmanbaria-1 seat fell vacant due to death of its lawmaker veteran Awami League leader and Fisheries and Livestock Minister Sayedul Hoque.
Three candidates - Awami League nominated candidate Farhad Hossain Sangram, Jatiya Party (Manju) contender Rezwan Ahmed and Islami Oikya Jote contestant Abul Qasem are vying for becoming parliament member from the constituency. A total of 2,14,009 people are eligible to cast their votes.
Gaibandha-1 constituency fell vacant as its lawmaker Awami League leader Golam Mostafa Ahmed passed away on December 19 last.
Four candidates - AL nominated candidate Afruja Bari, sister of lawmaker Manjurul Islam Liton, Jatiya Party (Ershad) contestant Barrister Shamim Haider Patwary, National People's Party (NPP) contender Zia Jaman and Gono Front candidate Md Shariful Islam - are contesting in the polls.
As many as 3,38,000 people are eligible voters to cast their votes at 109 centres.
- Most viewed
- SC on Khaleda's bail in another Cumilla case Tuesday
- 25 June Births
- 25 June Deaths
- 25 June Events
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl