By-polls to Brahmanbaria-1, Gaibandha-1 13 March
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 01:23
The by-election to two constituencies - Brahmanbaria-1 (Nasirnagar) and Gaibandha-1 (Sundarganj) - will be held from 8am to 4pm tomorrow 13 March.
Brahmanbaria-1 seat fell vacant due to death of its lawmaker veteran Awami League leader and Fisheries and Livestock Minister Sayedul Hoque.
Three candidates - Awami League nominated candidate Farhad Hossain Sangram, Jatiya Party (Manju) contender Rezwan Ahmed and Islami Oikya Jote contestant Abul Qasem are vying for becoming parliament member from the constituency. A total of 2,14,009 people are eligible to cast their votes.
Gaibandha-1 constituency fell vacant as its lawmaker Awami League leader Golam Mostafa Ahmed passed away on December 19 last.
Four candidates - AL nominated candidate Afruja Bari, sister of lawmaker Manjurul Islam Liton, Jatiya Party (Ershad) contestant Barrister Shamim Haider Patwary, National People's Party (NPP) contender Zia Jaman and Gono Front candidate Md Shariful Islam - are contesting in the polls.
As many as 3,38,000 people are eligible voters to cast their votes at 109 centres.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors