PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
Published : 21 Mar 2018, 12:47
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday inaugurated BNA Bangabandhu Complex, the first international standard training academy of Bangladesh Navy with all modern facilities, at the Bangladesh Naval Academy (BNA) here.
The ship-like complex, which has 16 buildings and other infrastructures for academic activities and training as well as for residential purposes, has been constructed on the bank of the Karnaphuli River.
There is a 41-foot high bronze bust of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in the front, which is a unique architecture from an aesthetic point of view.
The complex also has wardroom, parade ground, swimming pool, boat-pool and other facilities.
To ensure international standard training, the complex has seamanship, antisubmarine, gunnery and communication model room, chart room, library, computer and language club, modern auditorium and seven different types of laboratories.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina laid the foundation stone of the complex on December 29, 2010.
Earlier, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed received the Prime Minister on her arrival at the Naval Academy.
- Most viewed
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- 25 September Events
- 25 September Births
- 25 September Deaths
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP