PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
Published : 21 Mar 2018, 12:47
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday inaugurated BNA Bangabandhu Complex, the first international standard training academy of Bangladesh Navy with all modern facilities, at the Bangladesh Naval Academy (BNA) here.
The ship-like complex, which has 16 buildings and other infrastructures for academic activities and training as well as for residential purposes, has been constructed on the bank of the Karnaphuli River.
There is a 41-foot high bronze bust of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in the front, which is a unique architecture from an aesthetic point of view.
The complex also has wardroom, parade ground, swimming pool, boat-pool and other facilities.
To ensure international standard training, the complex has seamanship, antisubmarine, gunnery and communication model room, chart room, library, computer and language club, modern auditorium and seven different types of laboratories.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina laid the foundation stone of the complex on December 29, 2010.
Earlier, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Mohammad Nizamuddin Ahmed received the Prime Minister on her arrival at the Naval Academy.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge