PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
Published : 22 Mar 2018, 13:13
The Economic Relations Department today accorded a reception to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at a programme to celebrate the country's eligibility to graduate to a developing country from a least developed one.
As part of the celebration, Finance Minister AMA Muhith handed over the UN's letter of recognition to Sheikh Hasina at a reception at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) in Dhaka around 10:00am today.
The ceremony is part of the government’s two-day programme starting from today to the celebrate Bangladesh’s graduation from LDC (Least Developed Country).
After the graduation from the LDC in 2024, there will be a grace period of another three years when Bangladesh can enjoy all LDC-specific benefits.
So, there are approximately 10 years for the country to prepare itself to start the new journey. Bangladesh needs to prepare for a smooth graduation by taking into account a few issues.
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums