PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
Published : 22 Mar 2018, 13:13
The Economic Relations Department today accorded a reception to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at a programme to celebrate the country's eligibility to graduate to a developing country from a least developed one.
As part of the celebration, Finance Minister AMA Muhith handed over the UN's letter of recognition to Sheikh Hasina at a reception at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) in Dhaka around 10:00am today.
The ceremony is part of the government’s two-day programme starting from today to the celebrate Bangladesh’s graduation from LDC (Least Developed Country).
After the graduation from the LDC in 2024, there will be a grace period of another three years when Bangladesh can enjoy all LDC-specific benefits.
So, there are approximately 10 years for the country to prepare itself to start the new journey. Bangladesh needs to prepare for a smooth graduation by taking into account a few issues.
- Most viewed
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- 25 September Events
- 25 September Births
- 25 September Deaths
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP