Tests completed, Khaleda being taken back to jail from BSMMU
Published : 07 Apr 2018, 15:49
After concluding the medical tests, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia is being taken back to Dhaka Old Central Jail from Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU).
Her tests were completed around 1:30pm, said Syrul Kabir Khan, a staff of BNP’s media wing.
Khaleda, who was sentenced to five years imprisonment in Zia Orphanage Trust graft case on February 8, was brought out from old central jail on Nazimuddin Road in Dhaka around 11:15am.
Meanwhile, Sharmila, the widow of Khaleda’s younger son Arafat Rahman Koko, and her two daughters Zafiya Rahmand and Zahiya Rahman went to the BSMMU and met Khaleda briefly, Syrul Kabir Khan said.
The security measures surrounding the BSMMU was beefed for Khaleda’s arrival.
Earlier, a four-member medical board formed for the treatment of the BNP chief examined her at old scentral jail on April 1.
After the examination, the team said Khaleda has been suffering from some old as well as several newly developed health conditions, but none of them are serious.
The team spoke with Khaleda, 73, and observed her health condition in presence of Dhaka's Civil Surgeon Ehsanul Karim.
Earlier, BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir's scheduled meeting with Khaleda on March 29 was postponed as she fell sick in jail.
Yesterday, after meeting with Khaleda in jail, BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir claimed that Khaleda was having difficulties in walking and she had some neurological problems that needed immediate treatment.
He also demanded the jail authorities to allow Khaleda’s personal physicians to see her immediately because “she is really ill”.
At another event yesterday at Jatiya Press Club, Moudud Ahmed, a member of BNP standing committee, said the government would be responsible if Khaleda's health deteriorated in jail.
- Most viewed
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)