Gang rape on running bus: 5 transport workers remanded
Published : 10 Apr 2018, 13:50
A Dhaka court today placed five transport workers on a three-day remand each in a case filed over a gang rape incident in a moving bus on Dhaka-Aricha highway in Dhamrai Sunday night.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Atiqur Rahman passed the order after Inspector of Dhamrai Police Station Md Zakaria Hossain, also investigation officer of the case, produced them before the court seeking seven days’ remand for each.
The accused are bus driver Babu Mollik, 24, his two assistants Abdul Aziz, 25, and Bol Ram, 20, and two other transport workers Shohel Rana, 20, and Mokbul Hossen, 40 in this connection.
A 24-year-old garment factory worker was gang raped in a moving bus on the highway Sunday night.
The woman had boarded the bus around 10:00pm on Sunday to go home after work, when she was attacked in Dhamrai, on the outskirts of Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- 17 July Births
- 17 July Deaths
- Arrests after Indian woman gang-raped, burned to death
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums