Gang rape on running bus: 5 transport workers remanded
Published : 10 Apr 2018, 13:50
A Dhaka court today placed five transport workers on a three-day remand each in a case filed over a gang rape incident in a moving bus on Dhaka-Aricha highway in Dhamrai Sunday night.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Atiqur Rahman passed the order after Inspector of Dhamrai Police Station Md Zakaria Hossain, also investigation officer of the case, produced them before the court seeking seven days’ remand for each.
The accused are bus driver Babu Mollik, 24, his two assistants Abdul Aziz, 25, and Bol Ram, 20, and two other transport workers Shohel Rana, 20, and Mokbul Hossen, 40 in this connection.
A 24-year-old garment factory worker was gang raped in a moving bus on the highway Sunday night.
The woman had boarded the bus around 10:00pm on Sunday to go home after work, when she was attacked in Dhamrai, on the outskirts of Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks