No quota system in govt jobs, announces PM
Published : 11 Apr 2018, 18:24
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today announced to abolish the existing quota system in the public service recruitment amid protests.
“The quota system will be scrapped as the students do not want it,” the premier said while addressing at the parliament this afternoon.
The prime minister’s announcement came amid demonstration of students across the country demanding reformation of the quota system. The students of public and private universities across Bangladesh have been demonstrating to press home their demand since Sunday.
About the attack at Dhaka University vice chancellor’s residence on Sunday, she said no student can carry on such attack on their teachers. “The attackers are not eligible to be students,” she said.
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)