No quota system in govt jobs, announces PM
Published : 11 Apr 2018, 18:24
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today announced to abolish the existing quota system in the public service recruitment amid protests.
“The quota system will be scrapped as the students do not want it,” the premier said while addressing at the parliament this afternoon.
The prime minister’s announcement came amid demonstration of students across the country demanding reformation of the quota system. The students of public and private universities across Bangladesh have been demonstrating to press home their demand since Sunday.
About the attack at Dhaka University vice chancellor’s residence on Sunday, she said no student can carry on such attack on their teachers. “The attackers are not eligible to be students,” she said.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women