UP chairman held for ‘rape’ in Feni
Published : 12 Apr 2018, 13:12
Police arrested a union parishad (UP) chairman for allegedly raping a housewife in Phulgazi upazila of Feni early today.
The arrestee was identified as Nurul Islam, the chairman of Phulgazi Sadar union and joint secretary of upazila unit Awami League.
Humayun Kabir, officer-in-charge of Phulgazi Police Station, said the victim of Boroia Bijoypur village in the upazila along with her nephew went to the union parishad for settling a dispute on Wednesday afternoon.
The chairman later violated the housewife tactfully, police said quoting the victim. Hearing screams, locals rushed there and took her to Phulgazi Upazila Health Complex. She was later shifted to Sadar hospital as her condition deteriorated.
The other-in-law of the victim, filed a case with Phulgazi Police Station in the night.
- Most viewed
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)