UP chairman held for ‘rape’ in Feni
Published : 12 Apr 2018, 13:12
Police arrested a union parishad (UP) chairman for allegedly raping a housewife in Phulgazi upazila of Feni early today.
The arrestee was identified as Nurul Islam, the chairman of Phulgazi Sadar union and joint secretary of upazila unit Awami League.
Humayun Kabir, officer-in-charge of Phulgazi Police Station, said the victim of Boroia Bijoypur village in the upazila along with her nephew went to the union parishad for settling a dispute on Wednesday afternoon.
The chairman later violated the housewife tactfully, police said quoting the victim. Hearing screams, locals rushed there and took her to Phulgazi Upazila Health Complex. She was later shifted to Sadar hospital as her condition deteriorated.
The other-in-law of the victim, filed a case with Phulgazi Police Station in the night.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- How blue light accelerates blindness
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work