Woman held for ‘killing son’ in Narayanganj
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 16:29
Police arrested a woman for allegedly killing her son by setting fire on him over her extra-marital affair at Baroipara in Araihazar upazila of Narayanganj on Friday.
The arrestee was identified as Shefali Begum, 30, wife of Anwar Hossain, a Malaysian expatriate.
Quoting witnesses, MA Haq, officer-in-charge of Araihazar Police Station, said Shefali had an illicit affair with one Momen.
On Friday, hearing scream, local people rushed to the house of Shefali and found her son Hridoy, 9, a class three student and Zihad, 5,burn injured and took them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared Hridoy dead.
Local people also alleged that Momen was staying in the room of Shefali on Thursday night.
Police said Shefali confessed that she set her sons on fire by pouring kerosene.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks