Woman held for ‘killing son’ in Narayanganj
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 16:29
Police arrested a woman for allegedly killing her son by setting fire on him over her extra-marital affair at Baroipara in Araihazar upazila of Narayanganj on Friday.
The arrestee was identified as Shefali Begum, 30, wife of Anwar Hossain, a Malaysian expatriate.
Quoting witnesses, MA Haq, officer-in-charge of Araihazar Police Station, said Shefali had an illicit affair with one Momen.
On Friday, hearing scream, local people rushed to the house of Shefali and found her son Hridoy, 9, a class three student and Zihad, 5,burn injured and took them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared Hridoy dead.
Local people also alleged that Momen was staying in the room of Shefali on Thursday night.
Police said Shefali confessed that she set her sons on fire by pouring kerosene.
- Most viewed
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- 17 July Births
- 17 July Deaths
- Arrests after Indian woman gang-raped, burned to death
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums