Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
Published : 25 Apr 2018, 16:19
A housewife was killed as a bullet fired ‘mistakenly’ from the firearms of an alleged criminal at Nayanpur village in Dagonbhuiya upazila on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Sharmin Akter, 22, wife of Shamsul Haque of Noakhali.
Abul Kalam Azad, officer-in-charge of Dagonbhuiya Police Station, said Sharmin came to his paternal home in the village few days ago.
On Tuesday, Jahangir Alam, an alleged criminal came to visit Sharmin and were gossiping at the room of Sharmin in the afternoon.
At one stage, a bullet from Jahangir’s gun hit Sharmin ‘mistakenly’, leaving her dead on the spot, police said.
However, when locals tried to nab Jahangir, he managed to flee the scene after pointing gun on them.
On information, police recovered the body and sent to Feni Sadar Hospital morgue.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack