Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
Published : 25 Apr 2018, 16:19
A housewife was killed as a bullet fired ‘mistakenly’ from the firearms of an alleged criminal at Nayanpur village in Dagonbhuiya upazila on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Sharmin Akter, 22, wife of Shamsul Haque of Noakhali.
Abul Kalam Azad, officer-in-charge of Dagonbhuiya Police Station, said Sharmin came to his paternal home in the village few days ago.
On Tuesday, Jahangir Alam, an alleged criminal came to visit Sharmin and were gossiping at the room of Sharmin in the afternoon.
At one stage, a bullet from Jahangir’s gun hit Sharmin ‘mistakenly’, leaving her dead on the spot, police said.
However, when locals tried to nab Jahangir, he managed to flee the scene after pointing gun on them.
On information, police recovered the body and sent to Feni Sadar Hospital morgue.
- Most viewed
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- 17 August Events
- 17 August Births
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work
- Man linked to reality TV star Bethenny Frankel found dead