Two Bangladeshi women die in Lebanon fire
Published : 15 May 2018, 14:01
Two expatriate Bangladeshi women died in a fire that broke out in Metn town of Dora, Lebanon on Monday.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear, reports Lebanese newspaper The Daily Star quoting the country’s Civil Defense department.
The fire was extinguished around 7:15 am on Monday, said the Civil Defense authorities in a statement posted to its official Facebook page.
However, the rescue mission was too late to save the two women, it said.
The two victims are Bangladeshi citizens working in Lebanon, reports the newspaper.
Pictures shared online by the Civil Defense show the women’s charred ground-floor bedroom, with a blackened bed frame visible amid the debris.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today