Two Bangladeshi women die in Lebanon fire
Published : 15 May 2018, 14:01
Two expatriate Bangladeshi women died in a fire that broke out in Metn town of Dora, Lebanon on Monday.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear, reports Lebanese newspaper The Daily Star quoting the country’s Civil Defense department.
The fire was extinguished around 7:15 am on Monday, said the Civil Defense authorities in a statement posted to its official Facebook page.
However, the rescue mission was too late to save the two women, it said.
The two victims are Bangladeshi citizens working in Lebanon, reports the newspaper.
Pictures shared online by the Civil Defense show the women’s charred ground-floor bedroom, with a blackened bed frame visible amid the debris.
- Most viewed
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Beauty rituals to follow during monsoon
- Deepika Padukone trying 9 things she never did before
- ‘Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be porn star
- Hollywood stars reject Trump immigrant policy
- Rohingya girls dream of school
- Prime Minister meets President