PM Sheikh Hasina visits Jorasanko Thakur Bari
Published : 26 May 2018, 11:06
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday visited historic ‘Jorasanko Thakur Bari’, the residence of Biswa Kabi Rabindranath Tagore.
The Prime Minister went round different rooms of the Thakur Bari located at Rabindra Sarani, Singhi Bagan, north off Kolkata.
Sheikh Hasina also signed the visitors' book.
It is the house where Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore was born on May 7, 1861, spent most of his childhood and died on August 7, 1941.
The Prime Minister arrived here in the morning on a two-day official visit to India at the invitation of her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women