PM attends joint meeting of NDC, DSCSC
Published : 13 Aug 2018, 11:18
The 16th joint meeting of the Governing Body of the National Defense College (NDC) and Defense Services Command and Staff College (DSCSC) was held at the prime minister’s office at Armed Forces Division in Dhaka cantonment on Sunday.
Prime minister Sheikh Hasina, chairperson of the NDC and DSCSC, presided over the meeting, an ISPR press release said.
Prime minister’s security affairs advisor Tarique Ahmed Siddique, chiefs of three services, principal staff officer of the Armed Forces Division, secretaries of the public administration ministry, finance division, defense ministry, foreign ministry, secondary and higher education division of the education ministry and vice chancellors of the Dhaka University and Jahangirnagar University were present.
The prime minister in her speech expressed satisfaction over the development and progress of the two prestigious institutions of the armed forces and expressed gratitude to the members of the governing council for their special role for development and progress of the institutions.
The prime minister also thanked the authorities of the institutions for arranging time befitting training for officers asking them to continue the process in future. She gave them instruction for creating knowledgeable military and civil leadership and ensuring optimum utilization of the national resources.
The prime minister said her government has formulated Armed Forces Goal- 2030 in light of the defense policy framed by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and is continuing its efforts for development and modernization of the armed forces.
The NDC is playing an excellent role in preparing the high military and civil officials of the country and senior military officials of the friendly countries to take the responsibilities in higher positions, which brightened the image of the NDC abroad.
Side by side, the prime minister said, the DSCSC, as a renowned institution, is making contribution to groom up the mid level officers of Bangladesh Armed Forces and friendly countries. The officers after receiving the training are also performing excellent duties beyond the country’s territory in the UN missions and other counties.
In the meeting, the commandants of the NDC and DSCSC gave short presentations on the activities of their institutions. The governing council reviewed the progress of the implementation of the decisions of the last meeting.
The commandants thanked the prime minister for her continued support and guidelines for development of the NDC and DSCSC.
- Most viewed
- Emotionally stable people are spendthrift
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film