Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
Published : 17 Aug 2018, 11:22
Prime minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said there is no doubt that BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia was also involved in the 15 August carnage conspiracy.
"Zia's wife (Khaleda) brought self-confessed killer of the father of the nation (Sheikh Mujibur Rahman) to parliament by rigging votes. What does it mean? It was not only Zia but also his wife involved in the conspiracy of the 15 August carnage. There is no doubt," Hasina said.
She came up with the allegation while addressing a discussion organised by Awami League at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre marking the National Mourning Day and the 43rd anniversary of martyrdom of gather of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The prime minister said Ziaur Rahman had obstructed the investigation to the 15 August killing as he was fully engaged in the killing.
AL president Sheikh Hasina presided over the discussion.
AL general secretary and road transport and bridges minister Obaidul Quader, commerce minister Tofail Ahmed, health minister Mohammad Nasim and Awami League leader Sahara Khatun,general secretary of Samyabadi Dal Dilip Barua and Tajuddin Ahmed's daughter Simeen Hussain Rimi, MP, among others, spoke on the occasion.
Syed Shamsul Haque's poem 'Amar Porichoy' was recited at the programme.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit