Man to die for killing minor girl after rape in Tangail
Published : 13 Sep 2018, 17:41
A tribunal here on Thursday sentenced a young man to death for killing a minor girl after rape in Madhupur upazila in 2014.
The condemned convicted is Kamrul Islam, 24, son of Saban Ali, a resident Bhutia Akhrachuna village in the upazila. The court also fined him Tk 1 lakh.
According to prosecution, when eight-year old girl Bithi was playing in a field of the village on May 19 in 2014 Kamrul took her to an orchard alluring her for giving litchi and violated her. Later, he killed her.
Locals caught Kamrul and handed him over to police.
During interrogation, Kamrul confessed to his guilt. Following his information, police recovered the body from the orchard.
Victim’s father Abul Kalam filed a murder case accusing Kamrul on May 20.
After examining all the records and witnesses, Tangail Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal judge Khaleda Yeasmin handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised