Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
Published : 24 Apr 2017, 17:09
Since its start in December 1998, PayPal has enabled nearly 200 million individuals and businesses to transfer funds electronically around the world
In a bid to pave the way for hassle-free electronic transfers of money, PayPal is going to begin its operations very soon in Bangladesh after much back and forth over the past two years.
“The State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak met the top PayPal officials during his recent visit in USA,” Cabinet Secretary Mahamand Shaiful Alam told the reporters at a briefing in Dhaka Monday.
“PayPal authorities have assured the junior minister that they will start the operations soon in Bangladesh.
“Online payments for Bangladeshi freelancers will be far easier,” he added.
- Most viewed
- Cheese Chicken Kebab
- Chandrika Kumaratunga calls on PM
- 5 simple kitchen hacks that will make your life easier
- Prime minister deeply shocked at Manchester terror attack
- Salman Abedi: Student dropout turned suicide bomber
- Suu Kyi seeks to revive ethnic peace process
- Female Muslim comic standing up to extremism
- How sleep disorders could affect women and men differently
- Ariana Grande returns to US following Manchester bombing
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM
- Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo dies
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif