Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
Published : 24 Apr 2017, 17:09
Since its start in December 1998, PayPal has enabled nearly 200 million individuals and businesses to transfer funds electronically around the world
In a bid to pave the way for hassle-free electronic transfers of money, PayPal is going to begin its operations very soon in Bangladesh after much back and forth over the past two years.
“The State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak met the top PayPal officials during his recent visit in USA,” Cabinet Secretary Mahamand Shaiful Alam told the reporters at a briefing in Dhaka Monday.
“PayPal authorities have assured the junior minister that they will start the operations soon in Bangladesh.
“Online payments for Bangladeshi freelancers will be far easier,” he added.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar parliament approves $15M for Rakhine border fence
- 24 February Deaths
- 24 February Births
- 24 February Events
- Coffee has more power than you ever thought: 3 cups a day helps you live longer
- Spend too much time on social media? It can cause tension in your real life relationships
- PM opens, lays foundation stones of 33 schemes in Rajshahi
- Shah Rukh met Canadian PM Trudeau, family
- PM asks army to uphold democracy, constitution
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM