Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
Published : 24 Apr 2017, 17:09
Since its start in December 1998, PayPal has enabled nearly 200 million individuals and businesses to transfer funds electronically around the world
In a bid to pave the way for hassle-free electronic transfers of money, PayPal is going to begin its operations very soon in Bangladesh after much back and forth over the past two years.
“The State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak met the top PayPal officials during his recent visit in USA,” Cabinet Secretary Mahamand Shaiful Alam told the reporters at a briefing in Dhaka Monday.
“PayPal authorities have assured the junior minister that they will start the operations soon in Bangladesh.
“Online payments for Bangladeshi freelancers will be far easier,” he added.
- Most viewed
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Kill depression with small lifestyle changes
- Hamburgers may be more dangerous than you think
- Strawberry wine: Cheers to good health!
- 5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Govt. to continue food assistance to flood-hit people: PM
- 21 August Deaths
- 21 August Births
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom