Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
Published : 24 Apr 2017, 17:09
Since its start in December 1998, PayPal has enabled nearly 200 million individuals and businesses to transfer funds electronically around the world
In a bid to pave the way for hassle-free electronic transfers of money, PayPal is going to begin its operations very soon in Bangladesh after much back and forth over the past two years.
“The State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak met the top PayPal officials during his recent visit in USA,” Cabinet Secretary Mahamand Shaiful Alam told the reporters at a briefing in Dhaka Monday.
“PayPal authorities have assured the junior minister that they will start the operations soon in Bangladesh.
“Online payments for Bangladeshi freelancers will be far easier,” he added.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge