Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
Published : 24 Apr 2017, 17:09
Since its start in December 1998, PayPal has enabled nearly 200 million individuals and businesses to transfer funds electronically around the world
In a bid to pave the way for hassle-free electronic transfers of money, PayPal is going to begin its operations very soon in Bangladesh after much back and forth over the past two years.
“The State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak met the top PayPal officials during his recent visit in USA,” Cabinet Secretary Mahamand Shaiful Alam told the reporters at a briefing in Dhaka Monday.
“PayPal authorities have assured the junior minister that they will start the operations soon in Bangladesh.
“Online payments for Bangladeshi freelancers will be far easier,” he added.
- Most viewed
- Honey Chilli Potato
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Facebook's Sandberg favors release of Russia-linked ads
- AL wants next polls be free, fair: PM
- 15 October Deaths
- 15 October Births
- 15 October Events
- 10 October Events
- 9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
- Girl gang raped in front of her boyfriend
- World Mental Health Day being observed
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Blue Whale: Class 9 student saved by Indian teacher
- 10 October Deaths
- 10 October Births
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?