Two power network expansion projects okayed
Published : 21 Jun 2017, 11:17
The Executive Committee of National Economic Council (Ecnec) approved two power network projects involving Tk 13,909.21 crore to expand electricity coverage in the country's eastern and western parts.
The approval came from an ECNEC meeting held at the NEC conference room in the city yesterday with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing journalists after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said the ECNEC had approved a total of 12 new and revised projects involving a cost of Tk 30,343.222 crore.
Of the total cost, Tk 25, 904.43 crore will come from the government exchequer, Tk 4,404.99 crore as project assistance while Tk 33.80 crore from own fund of the organizations concerned, he added.
He said cost for the power network expansion projects for eastern part-Dhaka, Mymensingh, Chittagong and Sylhet division- is Tk 7,123.30 crore. The government will set up a 39,100-kilometer distribution line to give 13.70 lakh consumers electricity connections as part of the government move to bring entire population under power coverage by 2021, he added.
As part of the power network expansion programme in western part, a 38.010-kilometer power distribution line will be installed at a cost of Tk 6,776.91 crore in Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna and Barisal divisions, said Kamal.
Other projects are: school feeding project in the poverty-ridden areas (Tk 4,991.97 crore), enhancing the capacity of the BPATC's training (Tk 859 crore), support to Dhaka elevated expressway PPP project (Tk 4,869.08 crore), upgrading the Ashuganj riverport-Sarail-Dharjhar-Akhaura land port highway to four-lane national highway (Tk 3,567.85 crore), construction of Paira bridge on river Paira of Barisal-Patuakhali highway (Tk 1,278.82 crore), construction of railway overpass at gatepar area in Jamalpur town (Tk 211.20 crore), expansion of Charkhali-Tushkhali-Mathbaria-Patharghata road (Tk 104.77 crore), development of the affected infrastructures in the Dhaka South City Corporation (Tk 98.70 crore), construction of chancery complex and residence of high commissioner in Brunei (Tk 89.50 crore) and reconstruction of damaged polders in Cox's Bazar district (Tk 363.12 crore).
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina