List of top 100 loan defaulters placed in parliament
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 12:11
Finance minister AMA Muhtih on Monday placed a list of the country's top 100 loan defaulters in parliament.
"As per the data of the Credit Information Bureau (CIB) of Bangladesh Bank, the amount of classified loan in banks and financial institutions is Tk 1,113.47 billion as of April 2017," he said
The minister was replying to a starred question from Awami League MP Mohibur Rahman Manik (Sunamganj-5).
According to the list placed by the finance minister, the top 10 loan defaulters include Mohammad Elias Brothers (PVT) Ltd, Jasmir Vegetable Oil Ltd, Max Spinning Mills Ltd, Benetex Industries Ltd, Dhaka Trading House, Anowara Spinning Mills, Yasir Enterprise, Quantum Power System Ltd, MM Vegetable Oil Products Ltd and Alppa Composite Towel Limited.
In reply to an unstarred question from ruling party MP M Abdul Latif (Chittagong-11), AMA Muhtih said the government has taken steps to bring all branches of the state-owned banks under online banking system.
As part of the measures, all branches of Agrani Bank, Rupali Bank and Basic Bank have already been brought under the Core Banking System and they are now providing online banking services, he said adding that three banks have 925, 562 and 68 branches respectively.
Of the other state-owned banks, 875 out of 1,212 branches of Sonali bank, 862 out of 907 branches of Janata Bank and 38 out of 39 branches of Bangladesh Development Bank have already introduced online banking services, Muhith said.
Besides, the work is underway to bring the remaining branches of the three banks under the CSB within a shortest time, he said hoping to complete the task by December next.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu