Home Economics College students block Nilkhet
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:02
Students of Home Economics College staged demonstrations blocking city's Nilkhet intersection demanding the college to be declared as an institute of Dhaka University.
As per their pre-fixed program, the student blocked the intersection from 10:30am stopping the vehicular movement in Mirpur road, Azimpur, Dhaka University and New Market gate No 1.
They continued their demonstration carrying poster and placards; and echoed the slogan to press home their demand.
On September last year, the submitted a memorandum to the education minister, DU vice chancellor, University Biology faculty dean and Home Economics College principal in this regard.
Later on October 4, the student backed up after nine hours blockade on assurance of the authorities. They also formed a committee but no result came till now.
On Saturday, the college students restarted their protest on the same demand.
- Most viewed
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Settle rule on Marma sisters in 6 weeks: SC
- 22 February Deaths
- 22 February Births
- 22 February Events
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak