Home Economics College students block Nilkhet
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:02
Students of Home Economics College staged demonstrations blocking city's Nilkhet intersection demanding the college to be declared as an institute of Dhaka University.
As per their pre-fixed program, the student blocked the intersection from 10:30am stopping the vehicular movement in Mirpur road, Azimpur, Dhaka University and New Market gate No 1.
They continued their demonstration carrying poster and placards; and echoed the slogan to press home their demand.
On September last year, the submitted a memorandum to the education minister, DU vice chancellor, University Biology faculty dean and Home Economics College principal in this regard.
Later on October 4, the student backed up after nine hours blockade on assurance of the authorities. They also formed a committee but no result came till now.
On Saturday, the college students restarted their protest on the same demand.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'