Home Economics College students block Nilkhet
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:02
Students of Home Economics College staged demonstrations blocking city's Nilkhet intersection demanding the college to be declared as an institute of Dhaka University.
As per their pre-fixed program, the student blocked the intersection from 10:30am stopping the vehicular movement in Mirpur road, Azimpur, Dhaka University and New Market gate No 1.
They continued their demonstration carrying poster and placards; and echoed the slogan to press home their demand.
On September last year, the submitted a memorandum to the education minister, DU vice chancellor, University Biology faculty dean and Home Economics College principal in this regard.
Later on October 4, the student backed up after nine hours blockade on assurance of the authorities. They also formed a committee but no result came till now.
On Saturday, the college students restarted their protest on the same demand.
- Most viewed
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Kalki Koechlin nude photo shoot is all about loving your nakedness
- Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
- Sixth Australian MP in eligibility trouble
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
- 18 August Deaths
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Events