Home Economics College students block Nilkhet
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 18:02
Students of Home Economics College staged demonstrations blocking city's Nilkhet intersection demanding the college to be declared as an institute of Dhaka University.
As per their pre-fixed program, the student blocked the intersection from 10:30am stopping the vehicular movement in Mirpur road, Azimpur, Dhaka University and New Market gate No 1.
They continued their demonstration carrying poster and placards; and echoed the slogan to press home their demand.
On September last year, the submitted a memorandum to the education minister, DU vice chancellor, University Biology faculty dean and Home Economics College principal in this regard.
Later on October 4, the student backed up after nine hours blockade on assurance of the authorities. They also formed a committee but no result came till now.
On Saturday, the college students restarted their protest on the same demand.
- Most viewed
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- 28 April Births
- 28 April Events
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic