Muhith urges students to make use of Govt-sponsored ICT facilities
Published : 08 Apr 2017, 18:08
Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith today called upon the students to develop themselves properly, availing of the government-sponsored ICT facilities in universities, to face the challenges of the current century.
"The government has undertaken various steps to turn Bangladesh into a digital country. So, you have to make the best use of the digital devices for facing the challenges of the current century," he said speaking as chief guest at a freshers reception at Jahanhgirnagar University (JU).
Held at JU Jahir Raihan Auditorium, the function was chaired by JU Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Farzana Islam while Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) Professor Dr M Kaykobad spoke as the special guest.
Highlighting the government's successes in different sectors, the minister said, "The power generation capacity has increased to 13,260 megawatt. And more than 5 crore people upgraded to middle class from lower class during the tenure of this government".
Muhith said the government has achieved a remarkable success in resolving the maritime boundary disputes with Myanmar and India.
The per capita income has increased to US dollar 1,314 and the volume of current foreign reserve is 25 billion dollar, he said adding that the world witnessed an amazing success in gender parity, women empowerment and in fall in child and maternity mortality rates in Bangladesh.
The minister urged the students to be aware about those, who want to interrupt the country's development activities.
In the function, JU registrar Abu Bakar Siddique placed the students to the deans of six faculties and directors of two institutes while the deans of the faculties and directors of the institutes received their respective students.
JU VC Professor Farzana Islam administered an oath to the freshers and urged them to be equipped with the light wisdom.
Pro-VC Professor Dr Abul Hossain, Treasurer Professor Dr Abul Khair, Student Welfare and Counseling Center Director Professor Dr. Rasheda Akhter and Proctor Professor Dr Tapan Kumar Shaha also addressed the function, among others.
- Most viewed
- JS speaker returns home from Australia
- Free Online Course Beginner’s Guide to Writing in English for University Study
- Global Youth Leaders Travel and Learning Camp 2017 in Singapore
- Fully Funded Master of Computer Science at Jinan University, China
- Master and PhD scholarship program in Science, Japan
- Chicken Irani
- How breathing exercises can help prevent high blood pressure
- Cultural personality Kazi Arif ‘clinically dead’
- Prehistoric human DNA found in caves without bones
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- 27 April Births
- 27 April Deaths
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea