JSC, JDC exams begin
Published : 01 Nov 2017, 11:40
Junior School Certificate (JSC) and Junior Dakhil Certificate (JDC) examinations began today across the country with the participation of 24,68,820 examinees.
A total of 11,44,778 male and 13, 24,042 female examinees from 28,621 educational institutions will appear in the public examinations that began at 10:00am, sources at the education ministry said.
The number of JSC examinees is 20,90,277 while 3,78,543 examinees will participate in the JDC examination this year.
A total of 659 students from nine overseas centres will also attend the JSC examinations.
The number of examinees attending the JSC and JDC examinations has increased by 56,045 this year as 24,12,775 candidates took part in the examinations in 2016.
The exams will end on November 18, according to the examination schedule.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away