Birth anniversary of poet Jasimuddin observed in Faridpur
Published : 01 Jan 2017, 17:18
Birth anniversary of poet Jasimuddin observed here today at his ancestral village Gobindapur in the district.
Faridpur district administration and Jasim Foundation jointly chalked out elaborate program which included placing of floral wreaths at the 'mazar' situated on the bank of dried up river Kumar, discussion on poet's life and works and Doa Mahfil.
Faridpur district administration, Jasim Foundation, district shilpakala academy, Ansaruddin high school, Faridpur shahitya & sanskriti unaayan sangstha, Faridpur Shahitya Parishad, Faridpur press club and several other socio-cultural organizations placed floral wreaths at the 'mazar' of the poet.
A discussion meeting held at the 'mazar' site with the ADC (General) Protap Chandra Biswas DC in the chair.
Speakers termed the literary creativity of the poet as unique as his writings projected the rural Bengal so vividly which is unparallel in our literature.
Speaker also mentioned that his works narrating rural life of common people were earlier translated into foreign languages. Speakers also stressed for making the Jasim Complex fully functional which is built near the poet's ancestral home.
Police Super Shubhash Chandra Saha, late poet's youngest son Khurshid Anowar, newly elected chairman of Faridpur Zilla Parishad Lokman Hossain, Prof. Md.
Shahjahan, Diabetic Association secretary Prof. Shaikh Abdus Samad, press club secretary Mahbubul Islam Pikul, cultural activist Asma Akhtar Mukta and Ansaruddin High school Head Master Abu Zafar among others spoke on the occasion.
The discussion was followed by a 'Doa Mahfil'.
A fortnight long village fair styled as 'Jasim Polli Mela' will begin here at the same site on January 13 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of
- Most viewed
- People suffer for countrywide transport strike
- HC halts gas price hike for 6 months
- SpaceX to send two tourists around Moon in 2018
- Reasons of post-pregnancy weight gain
- Humans spark most US wildfires: study
- 8 Dead, 30 Injured After Bus Plunges Into Canal In Andhra Pradesh
- 5 JMB men given death penalty for killing Kunio Hoshi
- 28 February Deaths
- 28 February Births
- PM urges brands, buyers to help overhaul garment factories
- Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
- Gas price hike: CPB, BSD call hartal in Dhaka Feb 28
- President, PM pay tributes to Pilkhana martyrs
- Khadiza goes back home
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM
- 82,000 tonnes winter vegetables produced in Narsingdi
- JU VC honored as first woman VC to public university
- Medical student killed in Dhaka road accident