Birth anniversary of poet Jasimuddin observed in Faridpur
Published : 01 Jan 2017, 17:18
Birth anniversary of poet Jasimuddin observed here today at his ancestral village Gobindapur in the district.
Faridpur district administration and Jasim Foundation jointly chalked out elaborate program which included placing of floral wreaths at the 'mazar' situated on the bank of dried up river Kumar, discussion on poet's life and works and Doa Mahfil.
Faridpur district administration, Jasim Foundation, district shilpakala academy, Ansaruddin high school, Faridpur shahitya & sanskriti unaayan sangstha, Faridpur Shahitya Parishad, Faridpur press club and several other socio-cultural organizations placed floral wreaths at the 'mazar' of the poet.
A discussion meeting held at the 'mazar' site with the ADC (General) Protap Chandra Biswas DC in the chair.
Speakers termed the literary creativity of the poet as unique as his writings projected the rural Bengal so vividly which is unparallel in our literature.
Speaker also mentioned that his works narrating rural life of common people were earlier translated into foreign languages. Speakers also stressed for making the Jasim Complex fully functional which is built near the poet's ancestral home.
Police Super Shubhash Chandra Saha, late poet's youngest son Khurshid Anowar, newly elected chairman of Faridpur Zilla Parishad Lokman Hossain, Prof. Md.
Shahjahan, Diabetic Association secretary Prof. Shaikh Abdus Samad, press club secretary Mahbubul Islam Pikul, cultural activist Asma Akhtar Mukta and Ansaruddin High school Head Master Abu Zafar among others spoke on the occasion.
The discussion was followed by a 'Doa Mahfil'.
A fortnight long village fair styled as 'Jasim Polli Mela' will begin here at the same site on January 13 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests