Kangana Ranaut Almost Signed An Adult Film Before Gangster
Published : 02 Jan 2017, 18:42
Actress Kangana Ranaut almost signed an adult film before she was offered Gangster, her 2006 debut film, reports news agency IANS. The 29-year-old actress talked about her career on a television show where she narrated the story of how she almost featured in the aforementioned adult film. Kangana agreed to a photoshoot for said film which she says looked "shady."
"This doesn't look right," she thought back then. Kangana says she was in her late teens when she was offered the part and she explained, "I think the thing about me was that I always said yes to every offer," reports IANS.
Talking about the turning point in her career, Kangana said: "I think the first ever would be the break that I got from my film Gangster... because I remember getting a very shady offer, I think it was not a right movie. But I was like, 'Okay, fine, I'll do it'," reports IANS. "And then I did a photo shoot and then they gave me robe and there was nothing inside the robe.
And it looked like some blue film or something and I was like, 'This doesn't look right' because it's obviously not the right film," she added.
"But then I got Gangster and I'm like 'I'll do that film.' And then my producer got furious and I was in trouble for some time because I abandoned that project. And I was very young, I was 17 or 18. And if I would have not gotten Gangster, I am sure I would have done that film. But I think the thing about me was that I always said yes to every offer," she said on the show.
In 2016, Kangana won her third National Award for Tanu Weds Manu Returns. She previously won the National Award for Best Actress in Queen and Supporting Role for Fashion.
Kangana's upcoming films are Vishal Bhardwaj's World War II drama Rangoon, Sujoy Ghosh's period film Rani Lakshmi Bai and Hansal Mehta's Simran.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge