Iranian cinemas win 5 awards in DIFF
Published : 22 Jan 2017, 17:13
Iranian artists won the best movie, best actor and best director awards in the Asian Film Competition category of the 15th Dhaka international film festival (DIFF).
At the closing ceremony, “Daughter” directed by Reza Mirkarimi won the best film award and Farhad Aslani as the main actor of this film accepted the best actor award.
Parviz Shahbazi director of “Malaria” won the award of best director section, the ISNA reported on Saturday.
The 15th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) which was held from January 12-20 in Bangladesh screened dozens of Iranian movies.
In “Asia Film Competition ”section, the movies such as “Malaria” directed by Parviz Shahbazi, “Abad Va Yek Rooz” directed by Saeed Roustaei, “Daughter” and “Paris, Tehran” directed by Kaveh Ovissi were the representatives of Iran.
The Retrospective section of this festival was allocated to “Close-Up”, “Taste of Cherry”, “The wind will carry us” and “Certified Copy” directed by late Abbas Kiarostami.
Three Iranians were in the international jury of the festival in two sections. Iranian-Armenian actor director Levon Haftvan and Amir Esfandiari, an official at the Farabi Cinema Foundation (FCF) were in the Asian Film Competition section and in Women Filmmakers section, famous Iranian actress Mahtab Keramati was on the jury.
The 2017 festival edition was host to a total of 166 movies from 67 countries in different sections.
The DIFF is one of the most prestigious film events in Bangladesh and to a great extent has helped shape an increasingly healthy and positive national film culture.
- Most viewed
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
- US women open year with 5-1 win over Denmark
- 22 January Deaths
- 22 January Births
- 22 January Events
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong