Shreya Ghoshal To Get Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds, Delhi
Published : 16 Mar 2017, 14:32
Singer Shreya Ghoshal's wax statue will be unveiled at India's first Madame Tussauds museum, which is set to open for the visitors in July, 2017. This will title Shreya as the first Indian singer to make it to Madame Tussauds. According to a report by PTI, the Dola Re Dola singer will be seen striking a singing pose.
The 33-year-old singer told PTI, "I am thrilled to be a part of history at Madame Tussauds and it is an honour to be featured among such talented stars, artists, historians and renowned celebrities. To be immortalised forever is a fabulous feeling. With its brilliant concept, Madame Tussauds has always been famous for bringing joy all across the world." Shreya's statue will be alongside those of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and American pop star Lady Gaga.
The installation of Shreya Ghoshal's wax statue is to celebrate her 15-year-long illustrious career. Shreya made her Bollywood debut with songs like Silsila Ye Chahat Ka and Bairi Piya with the film Devdas in 2002.
Anshul Jain, General Manager and Director, Merlin Entertainments India Pvt Ltd, told PTI, "We are pleased to unveil Shreya's figure in the Delhi attraction. She is one of the most loved singers of today's generation. We are excited to see our visitors sing along with her. She was one of the most requested figures for us to include in the attraction, and we are delighted to be able to honour those fans with this wax figure."
The Delhi wax attraction, which is the 23rd branch of Madame Tussauds across the world, will exhibit over 50 figures from diverse leagues such as history, sport, music, films and TV. Many Indian popular figures like Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, Kareena Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Katrina Kaif are already part of Madame Tussauds in Hollywood.
- Most viewed
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- 28 April Births
- 28 April Events
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- 'Kidnapped' Sumaiya rescued
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic