'Secret Superstar' to clash with Rajinikanth's '2.o'
Published : 10 Apr 2017, 18:43
Aamir Khan's "Secret Superstar" will lock horns with Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar-starrer "2.o" at the
box office when the films will make their way to theatres over the Diwali weekend, says the
spokesperson of "Secret Superstar".
Sources close to the project explain that the makers of "Secret Superstar", with two big releases
("Toilet: Ek Prem Katha" and tentatively titled "The Ring") on August 11, were left with no choice but to
look for another date.
Spokesperson of "Secret Superstar" said in a statement: "The second week of the film is as important
as the first week. Traditionally, the Diwali festive period is known to have room for multiple big ticket
Sources close to the development state that Aamir himself called Rajinikanth and discussed his
concerns with the film releasing as per the earlier August schedule. "Both the actors share a warm bond
and it was with Rajini sir's blessing that the film is announcing a Diwali release."
The film features "Dangal" actress Zaira Wasim, who has just won a National Film Award, along with
Aamir, who plays a role that he best explains as "dal mein tadka" - addition of spice to the movie.
Aamir Khan Productions' project is written and directed by Advait Chandan.
- Most viewed
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law
- San Francisco native becomes city's 1st black woman mayor
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- PM sure of AL victory in next election
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held