'Secret Superstar' to clash with Rajinikanth's '2.o'
Published : 10 Apr 2017, 18:43
Aamir Khan's "Secret Superstar" will lock horns with Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar-starrer "2.o" at the
box office when the films will make their way to theatres over the Diwali weekend, says the
spokesperson of "Secret Superstar".
Sources close to the project explain that the makers of "Secret Superstar", with two big releases
("Toilet: Ek Prem Katha" and tentatively titled "The Ring") on August 11, were left with no choice but to
look for another date.
Spokesperson of "Secret Superstar" said in a statement: "The second week of the film is as important
as the first week. Traditionally, the Diwali festive period is known to have room for multiple big ticket
Sources close to the development state that Aamir himself called Rajinikanth and discussed his
concerns with the film releasing as per the earlier August schedule. "Both the actors share a warm bond
and it was with Rajini sir's blessing that the film is announcing a Diwali release."
The film features "Dangal" actress Zaira Wasim, who has just won a National Film Award, along with
Aamir, who plays a role that he best explains as "dal mein tadka" - addition of spice to the movie.
Aamir Khan Productions' project is written and directed by Advait Chandan.
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief