Margot Robbie to play queen Elizabeth
Published : 23 Apr 2017, 13:29
Actress Margot Robbie has been roped in to play Queen Elizabeth in upcoming drama film “Mary Queen of Scots”.
Besides Robbie, the movie will feature Saoirse Ronan as Mary Stuart, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
“Mary Queen of Scots” will take on the historical family rivalry between Elizabeth and Mary, when the latter attempted to overthrow her cousin’s from the English thrown.
Josie Rourke will direct the movie, which will be backed by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Liza Chasin.
Robbie’s upcoming projects also include the assassin movie “Terminal”, A.A. Milne biopic “Goodbye Christopher Robin” and Tonya Harding movie, “I, Tonya”.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief