Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
ArtistSpread facilitates Bangladesh-India collaboration
Published : 27 Apr 2017, 14:35
Bappa Mazumder, one of the foremost faces of contemporary music in Bangladesh, has sung a two-version duet with Sona Mohapatra, the Indian singer with an instantly distinguishable voice and musical aura. The collaboration comes as part of Bappa's ambassadorship of music distribution platform ArtistSpread by Creinse, Bangladesh's leading consumer engagement, music and entertainment company.
Creinse signed up Bappa Mazumder as the first solo artiste ambassador of ArtistSpread (along with the band Miles) in September last year, and along with worldwide music distribution deal by global entertainment giant Sony DADC, a number of international collaborations were also promised. The first of that collaboration took place recently, as two versions of the duet, in Bangla and Hindi, were recorded in Mumbai.
“It was an absolutely amazing experience to work on the project,” Bappa Mazumder told The Daily Star of his experience. The song was first written in Bangla (titled “Bondhu Re”), by Shahan Kabondho and composed and arranged by Bappa, which was then sent to eminent Indian lyricist Nusrat Badr who wrote a Hindi version of it.
The song was eventually recorded at Sona Mohapatra's studio OmGrown Music, and mixed and mastered in Mumbai, the artiste informed. “What was great about it was the warmth and welcome we got there. Sona is a great human being, and she did the song with a lot of conviction,” Bappa Mazumder added.
The song is a romantic duet, a conversation between a man and his lover, according to Shahan Kabondho.
The songs are set to be launched simultaneously – by Creinse in Bangladesh and Sony DADC in India and worldwide. Bappa Mazumder also said a music video for the song is also in the pipeline, but did not specify a tentative release date.
Sona Mohapatra is a familiar voice to anyone following contemporary Indian music. Although her work in Bollywood has been selective, she has delivered hits like “Bahara”, “Jiya Lage Na” and “Ambarsariya”. Sona has collaborated with international acts INXS (on an alternate version of their hit “Afterglow”), recorded a remix of David Bowie's “Let's Dance”, and has performed regularly in the Indian version of Coke Studio and on Aamir Khan's social issue-based TV show “Satyemev Jayate”.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs