Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
Published : 27 May 2017, 18:56
Nusraat Faria, one of the country's new generation film stars, has come under fire by social media users for her choice of costume in the latest music video, titled 'Allah Meherbaan'.
The video song from her forthcoming movie, 'Boss 2', was released just ahead of the holy month of Ramadan.
The song starring Jeet and Nusraat Faria (singers Nakash Aziz and Jonita Gandhi) was shared on the official Facebook page of Nusraat. It is also available on YouTube.
The film, directed by Baba Yadav and co-directed by Abdul Aziz, is expected to be released ahead of the upcoming eid.
Some 42,000 Facebook users liked the post on Facebook while 160 people shared the post till filing of the report around 5:05 pm on Saturday.
"This costume doesn't go with the song Allah Meherbaan.
Just think of it once as you are a Muslim...I haven't made this comment to insult you, but I made the comment as a fellow Muslim. Sorry, sorry, sorry for my comment," one of the Facebook users commented.
A female Facebook user, however, praised Faria and wrote, "Wow! Apu (sister), really an extraordinary song! Such song and entertainment are only possible in your movie. Keep it up Apu (sister).
Another Facebook said the opposite and mentioned, "I don't have any problem by what she wears. She can wear anything she wants. But putting Allah's name in an item song is just disgusting. Shame on such people#shame on you being a Muslim u r (you're) doing this."
"I feel ashamed [of] as a Muslim," Hridoy Hossain commented.
Another follower wrote, "Stupid work indeed. Stupidity knows no law! Name of Allah with nudity. Nusraat Faria you are stepping down day by day," wrote Farjanul Haque.
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations