Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
Published : 27 May 2017, 18:56
Nusraat Faria, one of the country's new generation film stars, has come under fire by social media users for her choice of costume in the latest music video, titled 'Allah Meherbaan'.
The video song from her forthcoming movie, 'Boss 2', was released just ahead of the holy month of Ramadan.
The song starring Jeet and Nusraat Faria (singers Nakash Aziz and Jonita Gandhi) was shared on the official Facebook page of Nusraat. It is also available on YouTube.
The film, directed by Baba Yadav and co-directed by Abdul Aziz, is expected to be released ahead of the upcoming eid.
Some 42,000 Facebook users liked the post on Facebook while 160 people shared the post till filing of the report around 5:05 pm on Saturday.
"This costume doesn't go with the song Allah Meherbaan.
Just think of it once as you are a Muslim...I haven't made this comment to insult you, but I made the comment as a fellow Muslim. Sorry, sorry, sorry for my comment," one of the Facebook users commented.
A female Facebook user, however, praised Faria and wrote, "Wow! Apu (sister), really an extraordinary song! Such song and entertainment are only possible in your movie. Keep it up Apu (sister).
Another Facebook said the opposite and mentioned, "I don't have any problem by what she wears. She can wear anything she wants. But putting Allah's name in an item song is just disgusting. Shame on such people#shame on you being a Muslim u r (you're) doing this."
"I feel ashamed [of] as a Muslim," Hridoy Hossain commented.
Another follower wrote, "Stupid work indeed. Stupidity knows no law! Name of Allah with nudity. Nusraat Faria you are stepping down day by day," wrote Farjanul Haque.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister