Mim continues the big-screen grind
Published : 10 Jun 2017, 12:57
Leading Bangladeshi film actor Bidya Sinha Mim, who traveled halfway across the world to the UK for her most recent film “Bhalobasha Emoni Hoi”, is set to pack her bags for scenic Switzerland for her upcoming venture.
She will fly out on June 17, and is expected to remain there for quite some time after Eid.
The film, “Yeti Obhijaan”, is an India-Bangladesh joint venture directed by Srijit Mukherji, based on Sunil Gangopadhyay's novel “Paharchuray Atongko” from the famous Kakababu series.
Prominent West Bengal actor Prosenjit Chatterjee plays the male lead in the film, while Mim will appear as a police officer. “I immensely enjoyed playing the role; there's lots of action in it,” said Mim.
Mim is also working in “Dulabhai Zindabad” for which shooting began earlier this year. In this venture, Mim shares the screen space with veteran film actor Moushumi for the first time. Next week the star will shoot a music video for the film. “Bappi and I will film the scenes together,” said Mim.
For Eid, Mim is participating in a dance programme to be aired on ntv. For the small screen, the artiste will appear in only one TV play that will be telecast by Channel i during Eid.
“I have signed on to work in a new film as well, titled 'Ulot Palot'. Shooting will begin in July,” revealed the actor.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl