Bajrangi Bhaijaan fame Alka sent to jail over money laundering
Published : 10 Jul 2017, 16:42
Alka Kaushal, a popular TV actor who was also seen as Kareena Kapoor Khan’s mother in Salman Khan-starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Kangana Ranaut’s mother in Queen, has been sent to jail in a cheque bounce case.
As per reports, Alka has been sentenced to a two year imprisonment by a district court in Punjab.
She was a part of recent shows like Swaragini and Qubool Hai on TV, and has been mostly seen playing a negative role.
Alka Kaushal has been accused of not returning around Rs 50 lakh to an acquaintance.
She has been blamed of money laundering and theft as her two cheques of Rs 25 lakh each bounced at the banks. Her mother theatre actor Vishwa Mohan Badola has also been sentenced to jail for two years along with Alka.
As per reports in Amar Ujala, “Advocate Sukhbir Singh said that Alka and her mother had borrowed 50 lakhs from an acquaintance, Avtar Singh.
The money was borrowed with the promise of serial-making. When Avtar asked Alka to give back her money, he got 2 cheques of 25 lakhs each. But they got bounced. After that Avtar, filed a case against Alka and her mother in Malerkotla court.”
Previously too Alka was sentenced to jail for two years in 2015 which Kaushal had avoided by petioning the Sangrur Court. Now Sangrur’s district court upheld the order of Malerkortla court.
Unfortunately, after two years, Sangrur’s district court decided to uphold the order of Malerkortla court.
Source: Indian Express
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf