Jyothika’s next major film Magalir Mattum
Published : 01 Aug 2017, 18:28
After making a smashing comeback with 36 Vayadhinile last year, Jyothika’s next major release is women-centric drama Magalir Mattum. Originally slated to release in May, the film wasn’t able to hit the screens as the makers couldn’t find a suitable date.
Thanks to the postponement of Ajith’s Vivegam from August 10 to August 24, Jyothika’s film will now hit the screens on August 11, according to the makers. It’s the Independence Day weekend and the makers are hopeful that they can draw audiences to cinema halls.
Jyothika plays a brave documentary filmmaker Prabhavati in the film. In the film’s second poster, she was seen riding a Royal Enfield bike which caught the attention of the audience. The director had revealed that he didn’t make Jyothika ride a bike because it’s cool but he wanted to break the myth that there are some things women can’t do. She will also be seen riding another vehicle in the film but the director has kept it as a secret.
Produced by Suriya, the film also stars Urvashi, Saranya Ponvannan and Bhanupriya in important roles, and has music by Ghibran. Rumour has it that Suriya might feature in a cameo in the film.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report