Jyothika’s next major film Magalir Mattum
Published : 01 Aug 2017, 18:28
After making a smashing comeback with 36 Vayadhinile last year, Jyothika’s next major release is women-centric drama Magalir Mattum. Originally slated to release in May, the film wasn’t able to hit the screens as the makers couldn’t find a suitable date.
Thanks to the postponement of Ajith’s Vivegam from August 10 to August 24, Jyothika’s film will now hit the screens on August 11, according to the makers. It’s the Independence Day weekend and the makers are hopeful that they can draw audiences to cinema halls.
Jyothika plays a brave documentary filmmaker Prabhavati in the film. In the film’s second poster, she was seen riding a Royal Enfield bike which caught the attention of the audience. The director had revealed that he didn’t make Jyothika ride a bike because it’s cool but he wanted to break the myth that there are some things women can’t do. She will also be seen riding another vehicle in the film but the director has kept it as a secret.
Produced by Suriya, the film also stars Urvashi, Saranya Ponvannan and Bhanupriya in important roles, and has music by Ghibran. Rumour has it that Suriya might feature in a cameo in the film.
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief