Big budget movies in Dhallywood soon
Published : 21 Jan 2018, 15:05
No blockbuster hit the theatres in the beginning of 2018. But there are big budget films with super stars ready to be released by the end of January and across February.
The directors and producers are looking forward to 'Inspector Notty K', 'Bhalo Theko', 'Swapnojaal', 'Noor Jahan' and 'Ami Neta Hobo' being commercially hit.
Misha Saudagar, the president of Bangladesh Film Artists Association, said, there are big budget films to be released from next month. Hopefully, these films will be able to pull the audience to the theatres.
Inspector Notty K, starring Nusrat Faria will be released on 26 January while 'Bhalo Theko', starribng Arifin Shuvoo and Tanha, will be released on 2 February.
"We are releasing the movie on Shuvoo's birthday", said Zahid Hasan Avi, the producer of 'Bhalo Theko'.
'Swapnojaal' starring Pori Moni and debutant Tanha Tasnia and 'Ami Neta Hobo', starring Shakib Khan, is scheduled to release on 9 and 16 February respectively.
Inspector Notty K and Noorjahan are being released under the import policy of Bangladesh. Jaaz Multimedia is the distributer of both the films.
Abdul Aziz, the chairman of the Jaaz said, they were all set to release the movie.
"We hope to release the films on time" he added.
But, the joint production film 'Swapnojaal' is yet to ensure its release date.
Director of the film, Giasuddin Selim, said, the film earlier was scheduled to be released on 9 February but was postpone for some reason.
The newly formed preview committee will preview the film and then it will be sent for censor board clearance, said the director.
"We need some time to promote the film before releasing. We hope to release it by the end of February", he added.
Cinema insiders have high expectations about the films to be released.
"The films released so far could not strike a chord with the viewers. Hopefully the films releasing in February will do well", said Iftekharuddin Naushad, the president of film producers and distributors association.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims