Man allegedly throws shoe at Tamannaah
Published : 30 Jan 2018, 16:18
A man has been detained in Hyderabad for allegedly throwing a shoe at actress Tamannaah Bhatia, local police told.
The 31-year-old man allegedly aimed the shoe at Tammannah, who was inaugurating a jewellery store in the city, because he was ‘frustrated by her recent choice of films’.
Tamannaah, 28, starred in the blockbuster Baahubali: The Conclusion last year, as well as Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan and Sketch. Her line-up for this year includes Telugu films Naa Nuvve and Queen Once Again, Khamoshi in Hindi and the Marathi language ABC.
It’s unclear which of these films has ‘frustrated’ the man enough to allegedly hurl a shoe at her. He missed.
‘The footwear missed its target, while it hit an employee of the jewellery store. (The man) was immediately detained and during questioning revealed that he was apparently frustrated over the roles played by the actress in her recent movies,’ Inspector B Ravindar of Narayanguda Police Station told PTI.
Tamannaah Bhatia, who is active on social media, has not addressed the alleged shoe throwing. Her only post on Instagram since the news went viral is an update on healthy eating.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women