Priyanka to make her Bollywood comeback with Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’
Published : 17 Apr 2018, 16:20
Priyanka Chopra’s journey from Bollywood to Hollywood is already inspirational and back-to-back she was working on International projects.
Priyanka is now going to be back in Bollywood with Salman Khan in the film Bharat. She is looking forward to work with Salman after a gap of 10 years and with director Ali Abbas Zafar.
Salman has already started the shoot of the film on Monday (April 16). The film is the remake of South Korean film, Ode to my Father. After much speculation about the female lead in the film finally Priyanka has been roped in.
Taran Adarsh, film critics, took this happy news to his Instagram handle. His tweet read as, “It’s OFFICIAL… Priyanka Chopra joins the cast of #Bharat… Stars Salman Khan… #TigerZindaHai director Ali Abbas Zafar directs… Produced by Atul Agnihotri and Bhushan Kumar… #Eid2019 release”
Priyanka said “‘Bharat’ it is! I’m looking forward to begin shooting this film and working with Salman and Ali again after a considerable time.
“I’ve learnt a lot from them in our previous collaborations and am excited to see what this one has to offer.”
Ali Abbas Zafar and producer Atul Agnihotri travelled to New York to meet Priyanka and gave her the narration of the film. He calls Priyanka’s character in the film the “soul” of “Bharat”.
Ali Abbas Zafar also confirmed the same and said, “Bharat is Priyanka’s homecoming to Bollywood after having proved herself as a performer in a global TV show, Quantico, and in Hollywood. Bharat is rooted in India and its culture, spans over seven decades and travels the world. Priyanka is the biggest Indian artist globally today and a perfect fit for the film as she brings to the table her incredible talent and international appeal. Bharat is a mature, subtle love story and her character is the soul of the film. She stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Salman in his journey and is the catalyst who triggers what will be a turning point in the plot.”
“Bharat” has started its prep in London, after which director Zafar will move to Spain, Poland, Portugal, and Malta.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final