Priyanka to make her Bollywood comeback with Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’
Published : 17 Apr 2018, 16:20
Priyanka Chopra’s journey from Bollywood to Hollywood is already inspirational and back-to-back she was working on International projects.
Priyanka is now going to be back in Bollywood with Salman Khan in the film Bharat. She is looking forward to work with Salman after a gap of 10 years and with director Ali Abbas Zafar.
Salman has already started the shoot of the film on Monday (April 16). The film is the remake of South Korean film, Ode to my Father. After much speculation about the female lead in the film finally Priyanka has been roped in.
Taran Adarsh, film critics, took this happy news to his Instagram handle. His tweet read as, “It’s OFFICIAL… Priyanka Chopra joins the cast of #Bharat… Stars Salman Khan… #TigerZindaHai director Ali Abbas Zafar directs… Produced by Atul Agnihotri and Bhushan Kumar… #Eid2019 release”
Priyanka said “‘Bharat’ it is! I’m looking forward to begin shooting this film and working with Salman and Ali again after a considerable time.
“I’ve learnt a lot from them in our previous collaborations and am excited to see what this one has to offer.”
Ali Abbas Zafar and producer Atul Agnihotri travelled to New York to meet Priyanka and gave her the narration of the film. He calls Priyanka’s character in the film the “soul” of “Bharat”.
Ali Abbas Zafar also confirmed the same and said, “Bharat is Priyanka’s homecoming to Bollywood after having proved herself as a performer in a global TV show, Quantico, and in Hollywood. Bharat is rooted in India and its culture, spans over seven decades and travels the world. Priyanka is the biggest Indian artist globally today and a perfect fit for the film as she brings to the table her incredible talent and international appeal. Bharat is a mature, subtle love story and her character is the soul of the film. She stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Salman in his journey and is the catalyst who triggers what will be a turning point in the plot.”
“Bharat” has started its prep in London, after which director Zafar will move to Spain, Poland, Portugal, and Malta.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today