9 children die of 'unknown disease' in Ctg
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 03:10
Nine children reportedly died of an unknown disease and 26 others fell ill in hilly Tripurapara of Situakunda in the last four days till Wednesday.
Four of them died on Wednesday in their respective houses, said Situakunda Upazila Health Officer Dr SM Nurul Karim Rashed.
The deceased are Kanai Tripura, 5, Fukhti Tripura, 6, Janaiya Tripura, 7, Romapati Tripura, 8, Takipati Tripura, 12, Kachham Roy Tripura, 10, Rupali Tripura, 3, Hridoy Tripura, 8, and Krishan Tripura, 2.
The other sick children were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Nurul Karim said the children who caught the disease, one kind of fever, fell unconscious while shaking and then died.
He, however, could not say what type of fever it is and why children are catching it.
“The reason behind the fever could be known after examining the patients,” said Civil Surgeon Azizur Rahman Siddique while visiting the area today.
Meanwhile, a team of the Health Ministry has left Dhaka to visit the area, Nurul Karim said.
Source: UNB & Samakal
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised