Easy ways to stop sneezing
Published : 17 Aug 2017, 17:25
One can't control sneezing, but few the tips can actually help prevent or stop you from sneezing.
Sneezing is an involuntary expulsion of air from the nose and throat that often happens without warning. Hence, that sudden burst of sneezing, especially in public, can cause quite a discomfort and embarrassment.
The condition can worsen if you are caught in the rain during monsoon time. However, taking good care of oneself can prevent all types of ailments that come along with the rainy or cold seasons.
A few simple and easy tips can help you stop sneezing. The following the tips can actually prevent or stop you from sneezing.
- Change into dry and clean clothes and wipe your hair dry immediately when you get wet in the rain
- Wash your face clean of all the dirt and irritants
- Steam your face if possible or use a hot towel on your face
- Gargle your throat with salted warm water
- Drink hot tea, red, black or green without sugar
- You can flavour your tea with fresh grated ginger, tulsi or bay leaf or cinnamon
- Drinking plain hot water also helps
- Avoid hair sprays
- Avoid chilled water or cold drinks
- Avoid staying in very cold temperature
- Keep your environment and surroundings clean and dust free
Health conditions behind sneezing
And of course, there are health conditions that cause sneezing. If you are suffering from any of the following, take care to get proper treatment.
- Cold and flu: Rain and cold conditions often cause sneezing
- Common respiratory tract infections: Irritants in the throat and lungs can cause sudden bout of sneezing
- Allergic rhinitis: Inflammation of the nasal cavity lining or infections and allergy to certain allergens can cause eyes and nasal irritation
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)