Easy ways to stop sneezing
Published : 17 Aug 2017, 17:25
One can't control sneezing, but few the tips can actually help prevent or stop you from sneezing.
Sneezing is an involuntary expulsion of air from the nose and throat that often happens without warning. Hence, that sudden burst of sneezing, especially in public, can cause quite a discomfort and embarrassment.
The condition can worsen if you are caught in the rain during monsoon time. However, taking good care of oneself can prevent all types of ailments that come along with the rainy or cold seasons.
A few simple and easy tips can help you stop sneezing. The following the tips can actually prevent or stop you from sneezing.
- Change into dry and clean clothes and wipe your hair dry immediately when you get wet in the rain
- Wash your face clean of all the dirt and irritants
- Steam your face if possible or use a hot towel on your face
- Gargle your throat with salted warm water
- Drink hot tea, red, black or green without sugar
- You can flavour your tea with fresh grated ginger, tulsi or bay leaf or cinnamon
- Drinking plain hot water also helps
- Avoid hair sprays
- Avoid chilled water or cold drinks
- Avoid staying in very cold temperature
- Keep your environment and surroundings clean and dust free
Health conditions behind sneezing
And of course, there are health conditions that cause sneezing. If you are suffering from any of the following, take care to get proper treatment.
- Cold and flu: Rain and cold conditions often cause sneezing
- Common respiratory tract infections: Irritants in the throat and lungs can cause sudden bout of sneezing
- Allergic rhinitis: Inflammation of the nasal cavity lining or infections and allergy to certain allergens can cause eyes and nasal irritation
- Most viewed
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- 20 January Events
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga