Walnut, the king of nuts enjoys the sovereignty of being the oldest tree food
Published : 28 Mar 2018, 18:45
Walnut, the king of nuts enjoys the sovereignty of being the oldest tree food.
Besides the excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids, they are a package of anti-oxidants, molybdenum, B vitamin biotin, manganese, and copper.
Rich in folic acid, phosphorus, vitamin B6, and vitamin E, the health benefits of consuming walnuts in an appropriate quantity are:
· Prevention from heart disease – Walnuts are no exception in lowering LDL, the bad cholesterol, reducing inflammation and improving the function of blood vessels by cutting blockage in arteries.
· Protect from certain types of cancer – Being a rich source of plant compound, it is considered to be an effective cancer-preventive diet. All the bioactive components in walnuts if consumed regularly may reduce the risk of colon, breast, kidney and prostate cancer.
· Healthy brain – Walnuts fight depression, short memory, and age-related decline in brain health. Daily consumption of this nut also improves the learning skills significantly.
· Protect against diabetes – Walnuts are a pack of mono and polyunsaturated fats which are good for insulin sensitivity. Thus, they may help reduce the risk of diabetes.
· Strengthen immune system – With the presence of large amounts of iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and copper, walnuts make our immune system stronger and prevent anemia.
· Boost reproductive health in males – Walnuts have a positive impact on male fertility. About 75 grams per day may improve sperm quality significantly.
· Control weight – Regular eating of walnuts is associated with increased satiety. You can see its results just after three days of starting its consumption. Substitute walnuts for other foods for effective weight and inch loss.
Walnuts are the best snack you can incorporate into your diet. Add them to your salads, muffins, desserts or eat them alone to extract best health results. But, of course, you have to check the quality of the nuts.
Opt for the organic ones which are not preserved, sterilized or sugar coated. Though they are rich in fat, they do not lead to obesity or weight gain. They can cause side effects in few people who are sensitive to walnuts. If you find any adverse effect on your health in any way, then immediately stop consuming them and consult your doctor.
Promote healthy living with a handful of walnuts daily.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died