Walnut, the king of nuts enjoys the sovereignty of being the oldest tree food
Published : 28 Mar 2018, 18:45
Walnut, the king of nuts enjoys the sovereignty of being the oldest tree food.
Besides the excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids, they are a package of anti-oxidants, molybdenum, B vitamin biotin, manganese, and copper.
Rich in folic acid, phosphorus, vitamin B6, and vitamin E, the health benefits of consuming walnuts in an appropriate quantity are:
· Prevention from heart disease – Walnuts are no exception in lowering LDL, the bad cholesterol, reducing inflammation and improving the function of blood vessels by cutting blockage in arteries.
· Protect from certain types of cancer – Being a rich source of plant compound, it is considered to be an effective cancer-preventive diet. All the bioactive components in walnuts if consumed regularly may reduce the risk of colon, breast, kidney and prostate cancer.
· Healthy brain – Walnuts fight depression, short memory, and age-related decline in brain health. Daily consumption of this nut also improves the learning skills significantly.
· Protect against diabetes – Walnuts are a pack of mono and polyunsaturated fats which are good for insulin sensitivity. Thus, they may help reduce the risk of diabetes.
· Strengthen immune system – With the presence of large amounts of iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and copper, walnuts make our immune system stronger and prevent anemia.
· Boost reproductive health in males – Walnuts have a positive impact on male fertility. About 75 grams per day may improve sperm quality significantly.
· Control weight – Regular eating of walnuts is associated with increased satiety. You can see its results just after three days of starting its consumption. Substitute walnuts for other foods for effective weight and inch loss.
Walnuts are the best snack you can incorporate into your diet. Add them to your salads, muffins, desserts or eat them alone to extract best health results. But, of course, you have to check the quality of the nuts.
Opt for the organic ones which are not preserved, sterilized or sugar coated. Though they are rich in fat, they do not lead to obesity or weight gain. They can cause side effects in few people who are sensitive to walnuts. If you find any adverse effect on your health in any way, then immediately stop consuming them and consult your doctor.
Promote healthy living with a handful of walnuts daily.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’