Govt to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 war
Published : 21 Mar 2017, 02:25
The government has taken a project involving Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical places of the Liberation War aimed at letting the new generation know the glory and facts of the history of 1971 war.
"We have taken a project of Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 to imbue the new generation with the spirit of the Liberation War," Assistant Chief Md. Mominur Rahman of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs told BSS here today. The government will also set up Muktijuddha Smriti Jadughar (Liberation War Memorial Museum) at each of the 360 historical sites, he said.
A DPP (Development Project Proforma) has been sent to the Planning Commission one and a half month back for its approval which is now under process, he also said.
The project is expected to be completed by June 2019, he added.
The government has earlier built 65 Muktijuddha Smriti Stambho (Liberation War Memorial Monument) at 36 upazilas at different parts of the country.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised