Easy to make sweet dishes for the coming festivals
Published : 05 Oct 2017, 18:44
Some of the most delicious Indian sweet dishes are easy to make and perfect for the coming festivals.
One of the best things about Indian cuisine is that there are varieties of dishes and delicacies for every occasions and festivals. And most of the special Indian food you get in restaurants can be made in the comfort of your home. In fact, nothing can beat home-made dishes. And sweet dishes top every Indian festival menu. Now that the festive season is here, here a few sweet dishes you can make at home when the occasion calls for.
Easy to make Indian sweet recipes:
Soft and sweet Ras Malai
Take 10 sponge rasgullas. Squeeze their sugary syrup out and keep them aside in the refrigerator. Take one litre of full cream milk. Give a boil, adding 10 saffron strands. Simmer the gas. Add one tin of condensed milk and 50 grams of khoya and give a good stir on low flame. Let the milk gets thicken in half an hour. Keep stirring frequently. After the milk gets thickened, turn off the gas and let it cool for some time. Put the squeezed rasgullas in slightly warm milk, mix and add finely chopped pistachios. Refrigerate and serve chilled. It is sufficient for 10 people.
Makhane ki Kheer
Take one litre of full cream milk. Roast two handfuls of makhanas on low flame for 10 minutes. Crush them coarse in a grinder. Add these crushed makhanas in milk and give a boil. Then, let it cook on low flame for 45-60 minutes. Add five tablespoons of sugar and mix well. Take off the flame. Add finely chopped 10 cashew nuts, 10 soaked almonds, cut length wise and few raisins to enhance the flavour. Refrigerate and serve chilled. It is enough for six to eight people.
Golden brown Shahi Tukda
Take 10 pieces of white bread. cut the edges out. Cut them diagonally into four pieces each. Deep fry them till golden brown. Keep them aside on a kitchen towel to soak excess oil. Take half litre of full cream milk. Give a boil. Add a tin of condensed milk in it (milk-made is best). Keep stirring on low flame till milk thickens. Take off the flame. Let it cool for some time. Dip the fried bread pieces in it when it is little warm. Arrange thickened milk coated triangles in a serving tray. Chill and serve. You can sprinkle little coconut powder on top while serving. This dish is sufficient for 10 people.
Take one litre ice-cream brick of kaju kishmish or butterscotch flavour. Empty it in a big glass serving bowl. Let it melt at room temperature. Take a big tin of mix fruit cocktail. Drain the syrup. Finely chop the sweetened fruits. Mix them well in the melted ice cream. Freeze again till it solidifies. Serve frozen. It can serve eight to ten people.
These are some of the easy-to-make and most delicious sweet dishes that you can make on auspicious occasions without much effort and time.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Cellphone use near SSC exam centres banned