Sizzling mix-vegetable Pakoras - a delight in the rain
Published : 01 Jul 2017, 13:03
Make the monsoon season one of those purely joyous and blessed time with mix vegetable pakoras. It’s truly a treat for many - the pleasant weather with cool breeze and light showers.
Live this weekend in a magical way with the delightful aroma and delicious flavour of ‘sizzling hot crispy pakoras’ with ‘a pyali of adrak wali chai’.
Serves: 4; Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes
Besan 8 tbsp
Potato 1 (medium)
Onion 1 (medium)
Cauliflower 200 grams
Spinach 10 leaves
Green chillies 4
Salt to taste
Ajwain 1/3 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Fennel powder ½ tsp
Hing powder a pinch
Chat masala 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Water to make the batter
Take besan in a deep bowl and add water to make a thick batter to make pakoras.
Peel and wash all vegetables and chop them finely.
Add all chopped vegetables and spices except chat masala in the batter.
Mix all ingredients well.
Heat oil in a deep pan for frying.
Take one tablespoon of the batter and put in the oil when it becomes perfectly hot for frying.
Repeat the process till the pan is almost full with pakora batter.
Turn them to fry little from both sides.
Turn the gas slow. Take out half-fried pakoras on a kitchen towel when they change in light golden colour. Don’t fry them completely crispy brown in first go.
Press half-fried pakoras gently with the help of a serving spoon on a kitchen towel and flatten them little.
Again put them in hot oil and fry till they’re proper golden in colour or properly cooked from inside and outside.
Serve them hot with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Sprinkle chat masala on top while serving.
Hot pakoras with coriander chutney and a cup of steaming tea – an almost magical joy!
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike