Sizzling mix-vegetable Pakoras - a delight in the rain
Published : 01 Jul 2017, 13:03
Make the monsoon season one of those purely joyous and blessed time with mix vegetable pakoras. It’s truly a treat for many - the pleasant weather with cool breeze and light showers.
Live this weekend in a magical way with the delightful aroma and delicious flavour of ‘sizzling hot crispy pakoras’ with ‘a pyali of adrak wali chai’.
Serves: 4; Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes
Besan 8 tbsp
Potato 1 (medium)
Onion 1 (medium)
Cauliflower 200 grams
Spinach 10 leaves
Green chillies 4
Salt to taste
Ajwain 1/3 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Fennel powder ½ tsp
Hing powder a pinch
Chat masala 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Water to make the batter
Take besan in a deep bowl and add water to make a thick batter to make pakoras.
Peel and wash all vegetables and chop them finely.
Add all chopped vegetables and spices except chat masala in the batter.
Mix all ingredients well.
Heat oil in a deep pan for frying.
Take one tablespoon of the batter and put in the oil when it becomes perfectly hot for frying.
Repeat the process till the pan is almost full with pakora batter.
Turn them to fry little from both sides.
Turn the gas slow. Take out half-fried pakoras on a kitchen towel when they change in light golden colour. Don’t fry them completely crispy brown in first go.
Press half-fried pakoras gently with the help of a serving spoon on a kitchen towel and flatten them little.
Again put them in hot oil and fry till they’re proper golden in colour or properly cooked from inside and outside.
Serve them hot with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Sprinkle chat masala on top while serving.
Hot pakoras with coriander chutney and a cup of steaming tea – an almost magical joy!
- Most viewed
- Sleeping late? Check your diet
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- EC fully independent, PM tells French envoy
- Why it is important for women to eat with their families
- Three men sentenced to death for killing 4 Habiganj kids
- Saima Wazed receives international award for fighting autism
- Smell like roses: Use the petals to treat acne and de-stress. We tell you how
- Photos: Mire madness as hundreds run, crawl and fight at Boryeong Mud Festival
- Sonakshi Sinha: I was always the pampered one
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- 22 July Deaths
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Births