Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 18:20
Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a Fusion recipe that would be loved by your guests.
Treat them with this easy recipe made with chicken breast, shiitake mushroom, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lettuce leaf and a lot of spices.
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 diced red peppers
1 handful lettuce leaf
1/2 inch ginger
2 green chilli
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 green cardamom
2 red chilli
1 medium finely chopped onion
6 sliced shiitake mushroom
How to make Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Cut chicken into very small pieces and place in deep bowl. Combine ginger, garlic, green chillies and fresh coriander in mini food processor and mince well.
Add to chicken in bowl, along with 1 tbsp each of soy sauce and vinegar and 1 tsp each of sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix well to combine, reserve or refrigerate for later use in recipe.
Warm vegetable oil in deep non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add star anise, cardamom, cloves, red chillies and cinnamon stick.
Sizzle for about 1 min. until spices are fragrant, then add onions and peppers. Saute for 3-4 min. until softened, then add mushrooms.
saute 2 mins, then add chicken and all its marinade. Stir fry chicken for about 7-8 min. or until it is cooked through.
Add remaining soy, vinegar and sesame oil, then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with lettuce leaves on the side to make wraps.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 22 July Events
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina