Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 18:20
Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a Fusion recipe that would be loved by your guests.
Treat them with this easy recipe made with chicken breast, shiitake mushroom, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lettuce leaf and a lot of spices.
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 diced red peppers
1 handful lettuce leaf
1/2 inch ginger
2 green chilli
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 green cardamom
2 red chilli
1 medium finely chopped onion
6 sliced shiitake mushroom
How to make Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Cut chicken into very small pieces and place in deep bowl. Combine ginger, garlic, green chillies and fresh coriander in mini food processor and mince well.
Add to chicken in bowl, along with 1 tbsp each of soy sauce and vinegar and 1 tsp each of sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix well to combine, reserve or refrigerate for later use in recipe.
Warm vegetable oil in deep non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add star anise, cardamom, cloves, red chillies and cinnamon stick.
Sizzle for about 1 min. until spices are fragrant, then add onions and peppers. Saute for 3-4 min. until softened, then add mushrooms.
saute 2 mins, then add chicken and all its marinade. Stir fry chicken for about 7-8 min. or until it is cooked through.
Add remaining soy, vinegar and sesame oil, then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with lettuce leaves on the side to make wraps.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’