Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 18:20
Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a Fusion recipe that would be loved by your guests.
Treat them with this easy recipe made with chicken breast, shiitake mushroom, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lettuce leaf and a lot of spices.
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 diced red peppers
1 handful lettuce leaf
1/2 inch ginger
2 green chilli
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 green cardamom
2 red chilli
1 medium finely chopped onion
6 sliced shiitake mushroom
How to make Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Cut chicken into very small pieces and place in deep bowl. Combine ginger, garlic, green chillies and fresh coriander in mini food processor and mince well.
Add to chicken in bowl, along with 1 tbsp each of soy sauce and vinegar and 1 tsp each of sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix well to combine, reserve or refrigerate for later use in recipe.
Warm vegetable oil in deep non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add star anise, cardamom, cloves, red chillies and cinnamon stick.
Sizzle for about 1 min. until spices are fragrant, then add onions and peppers. Saute for 3-4 min. until softened, then add mushrooms.
saute 2 mins, then add chicken and all its marinade. Stir fry chicken for about 7-8 min. or until it is cooked through.
Add remaining soy, vinegar and sesame oil, then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with lettuce leaves on the side to make wraps.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be