Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 18:20
Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a Fusion recipe that would be loved by your guests.
Treat them with this easy recipe made with chicken breast, shiitake mushroom, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lettuce leaf and a lot of spices.
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 diced red peppers
1 handful lettuce leaf
1/2 inch ginger
2 green chilli
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 green cardamom
2 red chilli
1 medium finely chopped onion
6 sliced shiitake mushroom
How to make Chilli Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Cut chicken into very small pieces and place in deep bowl. Combine ginger, garlic, green chillies and fresh coriander in mini food processor and mince well.
Add to chicken in bowl, along with 1 tbsp each of soy sauce and vinegar and 1 tsp each of sesame oil and cornstarch. Mix well to combine, reserve or refrigerate for later use in recipe.
Warm vegetable oil in deep non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add star anise, cardamom, cloves, red chillies and cinnamon stick.
Sizzle for about 1 min. until spices are fragrant, then add onions and peppers. Saute for 3-4 min. until softened, then add mushrooms.
saute 2 mins, then add chicken and all its marinade. Stir fry chicken for about 7-8 min. or until it is cooked through.
Add remaining soy, vinegar and sesame oil, then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with lettuce leaves on the side to make wraps.
- Most viewed
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- Woman’s throat-slit body found, 4 arrested
- Merkel wins 4th term as nationalists enter German parliament
- UN finds rape evidence in Myanmar's crackdown on Rohingyas
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents