Amritsari Tandoori Chicken
Published : 23 Aug 2017, 16:59
For all the die hard Non-vegetarians out there, Amritsari Tandoori Chicken recipe is a must try.
Prepared with chicken pieces, which are tossed in a mixture of thick sour curd, butter, mustard oil and a number of spices like red chili powder and cinnamon and then grilled on an open griller, this scrumptious recipe will be a joy ride for your taste buds.
Originating from the heart of Punjab, Amritsar, this delectable chicken recipe would more than satisfy your craving for a finger licking non-vegetarian dish.
If you are planning a pot luck or kitty party in the near future, then do not forget to include this lip-smacking recipe in your menu. So, without wasting anymore time, take a look at the steps listed here and get started.
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 pieces cinnamon stick
3 piece green cardamom
3 tablespoon mustard oil
2 leaves bay leaf
1 1/2 cup thick sour curd
750 gm chicken
2 teaspoon lemon juice
salt as required
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoon peppercorns
2 black cardamom
2 tablespoon ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
How to make Amritsari Tandoori Chicken:
To make this delicious chicken recipe, cut the chicken into 10 pieces. In a bowl, mix mustard oil, red chili powder, curd, salt, ginger paste, lemon juice and garlic paste. Now with the help of a silicon brush, apply this mixture on to the chicken pieces.
Next, grind cumin seeds, peppercorn, turmeric powder, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves and cardamoms in a grinder. Grind them to a fine powder. Transfer this powder into a bowl and with the help of a silicon brush, apply this masala over the chicken pieces. Keep the chicken pieces aside for one night.
Next morning, place these marinated chicken pieces over the griller and grill them until brown. Keep applying butter over the pieces at regular intervals. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Most viewed
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- The secret to a perfect dish
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, Prime Minister to IOM DG
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM flies to NY today to join UNGA