Amritsari Tandoori Chicken
Published : 23 Aug 2017, 16:59
For all the die hard Non-vegetarians out there, Amritsari Tandoori Chicken recipe is a must try.
Prepared with chicken pieces, which are tossed in a mixture of thick sour curd, butter, mustard oil and a number of spices like red chili powder and cinnamon and then grilled on an open griller, this scrumptious recipe will be a joy ride for your taste buds.
Originating from the heart of Punjab, Amritsar, this delectable chicken recipe would more than satisfy your craving for a finger licking non-vegetarian dish.
If you are planning a pot luck or kitty party in the near future, then do not forget to include this lip-smacking recipe in your menu. So, without wasting anymore time, take a look at the steps listed here and get started.
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 pieces cinnamon stick
3 piece green cardamom
3 tablespoon mustard oil
2 leaves bay leaf
1 1/2 cup thick sour curd
750 gm chicken
2 teaspoon lemon juice
salt as required
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoon peppercorns
2 black cardamom
2 tablespoon ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
How to make Amritsari Tandoori Chicken:
To make this delicious chicken recipe, cut the chicken into 10 pieces. In a bowl, mix mustard oil, red chili powder, curd, salt, ginger paste, lemon juice and garlic paste. Now with the help of a silicon brush, apply this mixture on to the chicken pieces.
Next, grind cumin seeds, peppercorn, turmeric powder, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves and cardamoms in a grinder. Grind them to a fine powder. Transfer this powder into a bowl and with the help of a silicon brush, apply this masala over the chicken pieces. Keep the chicken pieces aside for one night.
Next morning, place these marinated chicken pieces over the griller and grill them until brown. Keep applying butter over the pieces at regular intervals. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Most viewed
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Tonu’s family called to Dhaka for probe: Kamal
- Sharapova in fraud probe
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests
- Skincare myths demystified
- Sleeping on back can up stillbirth risk
- Suu Kyi hopes to strike deal with Bangladesh this week on Rohingya repatriation
- Germany’s Merkel ‘prefers new vote’ after coalition talks fail
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong